Here is an archive of my past writing and media from around the Web. (Also, here is the link for the archive of older posts on this site.)
Articles by Me
- Will Dropouts Save America? (op-ed in the New York Times)
- 8 Steps to Getting What You Want… Without Formal Credentials (on the blog of Tim Ferriss)
- Article about a healing I had with my father (in the Washington Post)
- How it Works: Bill Clinton’s “Reality Distortion Field” Charisma (on the blog of Tim Ferris)
- The Glorious End of Higher Education’s Monopoly on Credibility(Time.com)
- Ayelet Shimron Interviews Michael Ellsberg on Untangled Love, Kink, and BDSM
My Forbes.com Column
Between 2011–2013, I wrote a column on Forbes.com. Here are some highlights:
- Tucker Max Gives Up the Game: What Happens When a Bestselling Player Stops Playing?
- The Tim Ferris Effect: Lessons From My Successful Book Launch
- Is the American Dietetics Association Attempting to Limit Market Compeition in Nutrition Counseling? (Part 1 in a series on monopoly behavior of the ADA)
- Is the American Dietetics Association Intentionally Using State Legislatures to Block Alternative Nutrition Providers? (Part 2 in a series on monopoly behavior of the ADA)
- Your Happy Price vs. Your Sad Price: How to Charge an Amount that Motivates You
Press About Me
My work has been covered by CNN (also on CNN here), Yahoo! Finance, US News & World Report (Part 2 here), CNBC, Coast to Coast, the National Review Online (and here), Investors Business Daily, Digital Trends, The Blaze, International Business Times, Reason, Big Think (also here, here and here), the Laura Ingraham Show, the Los Angeles Review of Books, Harvard Business Review online, The American Bar Association Journal, the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, and the American Express OPEN Forum. For years I wrote a column on Forbes about entrepreneurialism, education, and career development.
I’ve been featured in various business and industry newsletters including Whiskey & Gunpowder, The Daily Reckoning with Bill Bonner (Bill Bonner is a hero of mine so this was an honor), and in the Lefsetz Letter.
My book also received the honor of being attacked stridently in Time by Vartan Gregorian, who was the president of Brown University while I was a student there, and by the $500,000/year Macalaster College president Brian Rosenberg on HuffingtonPost. The Chronicle of Higher Education is apoplectic about my work. (Here, here and here.) As is Inside Higher Ed. You may just want to read the book they don’t want you to read!
My work has been covered widely in the blogosphere, including on Mixergy, Brazen Careerist, Unschooling NYC, UnCollege, JaneFriedman.com, the Nate Green Experience, Nathaniel Whittemore, Psychology Today, PolicyMic, The Indie Chicks, AOL On Relationships, and on the Learning Network blog of the New York Times.
Selected Social Media Posts
There are some spam sites out there that copy social media writing without permission. This is annoying for various reasons, one of which is it deprives authors of the Google juice from their writing. For this reason, I post some of my social media posts here (first) before spam sites copy them. Quality mileage may vary.
- What Do Women Want Men to Know in the Age of Trump?
- My Toast at My Ex-Wife Jena’s Wedding
- Marijuanerotica by Dionisio Diamond
- Seven Months Depression-Free. And… Reintroducing Weed Into My Life
- Happy 85th Birthday Daniel!
- Back in Action…
- 4-Year Follow-Up on “How I Overcame Bipolar II (and Saved My Own Life)
- How to Have a Personality in Marketing
- Sexy Psychodrama of the Absurd: Psychedelics and Sexual Healing in Lovership
- The Art of Writing for Facebook
- I Will Build Your Network
- How to Live the Writer’s Life
- How to Live as an Artist